Building a website is one thing. In fact, anyone could build a basic website if they applied themselves, but how do you know if you’re doing it properly? How do you know that it will keep people interested? Here are a few tips on how to enhance your website if you have one or if you intend to build it from scratch.
- Ensure that your website is user friendly. It must be easy for anyone to navigate your website. Each page must have a clear heading on the tab and it should not be contradictory. If a customer visits your website and lands on the home page, everything that is important needs to be visible at the stage. It should be easy for them to find the products or services page, the information about your business as well as a clear visible Contact Us button.
- Have a visible Contact Us button. As mentioned above, the Contact Us button or page heading must be clearly visible. If a customer wants to contact you, make it easy for them.
- Add enough information about the business. Many people are tempted to add this information on the Home page. Although that seems reasonable, writing a whole essay on the Home page is not necessary and will deter customers. Add the bulk of the information about your business on the About Us page. If the customer wants to know your full history, they will know where to find it.
- Keep your Home page content concise. You want to grab the attention of the customer as soon as they land on your page. Add information that briefly describes what your business is about, your products/services, and, most importantly, what you can do for them. It is important to note the benefit you can bring to your customer’s life.
- Incorporate images and banners. Your website needs to incorporate a lot of imagery. It is preferable if it is about your business and products. Include a flash or rotating banner on the Home page that will grab the interest of the customer. Don’t overdo it, though. Ensure that you balance the imagery with keyword-rich content. A professional website designer will guide you in this aspect.
- Add a testimonials or portfolio page. Show people what you’ve done and the quality of your work. This will make it easier for them to make a decision about using your products or services.
Web2Go is a Gauteng based website development company, with over fifteen years’ experience in the digital industry. Founded in 2002, Web2Go focused on providing clients with an all-round digital solution.
Our team brings forth a wealth of knowledge in website design, website development, social media management, search engine optimisation and Google advertising.